How to remove content from your site?
In October 1998, United Sates Congress has enacted the constitution of copyright that is known as DMCA or the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. It is passed for those websites owners, whom content is being used by others without proper permission. According to this law, they can remove the files from the website for copyright purpose. In the wake of developing modern information and other communication technology such as internet, this law has supported the legal defense of rational property right. It is helpful for the website owners to remove the files can secure their content.
What is DMCA?
It contains sections and five titles with Title II. On Indiana University community, it offers the quickest impact. It is designed for offering legal duties with OSP, Online Service Providers. This is designed to limit the legal liabilities for the users who violate the laws. It contains invisible interfaces. For creating connection between users and the system, it is a user’s friendly tool.
Knowing about the features is important to maintain the performance and functionality. By visiting the official websites of the DMCA providers users can easily approach it. By following the easy to understand instruction the tool will give you accurate performance. It is customizable tool that provides accurate information with incorporated direct feedback for making everything easier. This is a free online tool that is easy to access.
What to do?
In case to file a complaint, user is free to take the following actions.
- Collect the URL of the aberrant files
- If you are the real owner of the file that is not permitted to publish on the site then you can remove it. To process the DMCA successfully, from the domain the user can send email. The offended company must legitimately own it. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act complaints from AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail or free web mail accounts will not accept it.
- Now prepare the content of the mail to send on the URL
- DMCA should be the subject of the email
- Add the URL in first step email content. It must contain Statement of authority, Copyright infringing material location and deification of copyright work.
- Send the mail:
As soon as possible, after sending the email, the file will be removed from the site. The proof of your ownership is the essential attachment for reporting copyright issue. Without its attachment, the mail will be ignored.